Well, the fall has started off with snippets of summer weather - great for getting…
The Mother’s Day Gift that keeps on giving…
Mother’s Day is coming up fast and we imagine you’d finally love to take mom out for brunch this Mother’s Day – and to make the day extra special, we have a suggestion for a great gift that keeps on giving! Give mom a Flower Club subscription – instead of just one bouquet, she’ll receive a weekly bouquet of fresh-from-the-garden booms!
How does a Flower Club CSA subscription work?
The Flower Club subscription allows you to make a prepaid purchase for seven consecutive weeks of bouquets. The Spring subscription starts May 10, 2022. Summer subscription begins June 28, 2022; and Fall subscription begins on August 23, 2022 (following a week’s break). Or you can Sign up for the full 21 weeks of blooms, and get a great discount for a full season of floral happiness
Where do I pick up my flowers each week?
Pick-up is on Tuesday during business hours in downtown Mission, BC (address will be provided upon purchase). We recommend morning pick up for best selection and freshest product. Although you may notice colour variations between bouquets, be assured that all bouquets have been designed to be of equal value.
Please note: fresh flowers are like puppies and do not like to be left in a hot car, so plan your morning accordingly.
What if I’m busy and can’t make it one day?
Unfortunately we cannot substitute another delivery day for you and we encourage you to find a substitute person to pick up your bouquet. Unclaimed bouquets at the end of the business day will be donated to charity.
How long will my flowers last?
The longevity of the different varieties in each bouquet ranges from four days for Dahlias to over two weeks for Strawflowers (heck, the mint might even try and set roots. You can pot it up and grow it then!)
To get the most enjoyment out of your bouquet, follow these tips:
- Prepare a clean vase (so clean that you’d be willing to drink from it!) Fill 3/4 full with fresh cool tap water. Powdered plant food is optional.
- Unwrap the flowers, remove the elastic, and trim 1 inch off the end of the stems before placing them in water.
- Indulge in a minute of flower therapy and arrange the bouquet to your liking.
- Place in a spot out of direct sunlight and draft.
- Refresh the water, re-trim stems, and pinch off or remove spent blooms, every 3 days.
- After a week, for the really long living blooms, delegate them to smaller bud vases at your bedside table or bathroom.